Griffin Tales - Baby Blog.

This is the story of Griffin Berg.

My Photo
Name:
Location: williamsville, New York, United States

Griffin was born on May 18th, 2005. I've been struggling to come to terms with everything since.:)

11/14/2005

5 months 3 weeks 6 days

I'm always glad to get a picture of Griffin that doesn't require me to do a red eye removal, because you can see how amazing his eyes are. This is he, in the morning, grabbing at my camera. We gave him home-mashed bananas, and home made applesauce, both of which he liked. The applesauce had cinnamon in it as well, and was made of very tart apples, so he got a bit of a difference in taste and texture.

He has been requiring more and more sleep, often getting tired many hours earlier than ever before.. setting himself up on a 12 hour sleep schedule, and then a nap after he wakes up and feeds. This sounds great, but in fact, is quite tiring for me as well, as he gets annoyed if I put him down while he's napping. He wants to nap ON me, and doesn't understand that with my limited mobility, that means I'm confined to a chair. It's okay, but housework gets halted.

Observing him, I've come to realize that he now has moods. When he was very new, he would have modes instead; sleeping or tired, hungry, dirty, fussy (because of the others). He's slowly started to have actual moods, that he's in for his own reasons. Things that might be related to hungry, fussy, dirty, tired.. but also might be something else entirely. I will watch him sit quietly and hang on his father, just contemplating the world. Or he will spend the entire day refusing to sleep and shrieking at the top of his lungs just to hear himself shriek. He experiments with his hands, and pokes at our faces. He looks at individual things and is clearly considering them for what they are. He has an internal dialogue (albeit without a lot of vocabulary) of his own, and the bridge between us is so wide. Sometimes I boggle that we can communicate at all to each other.

Eric can work from home from time to time, and I really love that. Not just because I can see him more often, but because Eric gets to spend more time with Griffin in a state where he isn't tired and wanting to sleep. I marvel at Eric's ability to understand Griffin. They have a bond that I envy, and Eric often points out new behaviour that I just didn't notice. I often imagine them when Griffin is a little older, playing together. Eric has a sense of fun and wonder that so often gets ploughed under by responsibility. I think Griffin keeps us both young.

Griffin was given a fantastic high chair by his grandmother Maryanne. I have a link to a movie of him eating, below. It's a really incredibly slow thing to load.. again, I don't know much about how to streamline that stuff, and my camera is just a regular camera with a movie function. So be patient.:) I'm in this, and I realize I kind of look like a muppet.. please look past that!

Be well, everyone. Love each other.
-Autumn
Movie: Griffin Eats! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandmoo says, "thank you so much for this web site. I keep all of the pages in an album."

11/16/2005 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home