Griffin Tales - Baby Blog.

This is the story of Griffin Berg.

My Photo
Name:
Location: williamsville, New York, United States

Griffin was born on May 18th, 2005. I've been struggling to come to terms with everything since.:)

11/20/2005

6 months, 2 days


Went to the doctor's office on Friday, his 6 month birthday. He is 19 pounds, 4 oz. He is 27 inches long. He got his shots, too, which went well. Staring into Griffin's eyes can really reassure him.. I still felt so sad when he got stuck with the needle, but it wasn't so bad. This is the first time I've gone for the needle sticking! Previously, Eric's taken him, and I've had the time to myself, but I wanted to go this time. They gave him Tylenol before the shot, so this time was mostly painless for us as well.

It was snowing when we went outside to go there. Griffin's first snow! He really seemed to enjoy the white flakes falling on him, and he got cheerful as soon as he hit the cold weather. He has a coat, but it's too big for his current car seat, he looks much like a baby stuffed into a car seat with packing materials. His "grandmoo" (as she wants to be called), is going to get him a new carseat, because he is growing out of the one he has now. The coat will fit in the new seat. Until then, we bundle him up in everything we have, and he seems very comfy.

Juice! He loves apple juice, is indifferent about pear juice. I admit, introducing him to new tastes is a lot of fun, and feeding him in the new high chair is so much better than how we were doing it before. He has taken to grabbing the spoon, and trying to feed himself with it. Also the same with the bottle, holding it, and feeding himself. His frustrations with breast feeding are increasing, and it makes me sad. I think it just is harder than the bottle, and he is being lazy.

Sometimes I worry that the things I say here will be redundant. The weeks are eternities that are over in the blink of an eye. These updates put them into perspective for me. So much happens within those seven days sometimes, it's amazing. Other weeks are a blur of ennui, but punctuated with things that seem new, even though he's been doing it for a long time. His attempts to feed himself, new noises, personality changes.. these are all landmarks for me while I wander about the land of Parenthood.

I do apologize if I tell you the same things, and hope you will accept that to me, they are in a new perspective. My tomorrows creep in a petty pace, but they do it too fast to clock. I cannot write as I want to, nor do any tasks. Every hour seems to have been emptied of minutes, and I turn around and around, dizzied and stunned. I fear when I am done typing this, for him to be able to talk, or to be in school, or perhaps college.

There will be a special Thanksgiving blog.

Be well,
Autumn Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home