Griffin Tales - Baby Blog.

This is the story of Griffin Berg.

My Photo
Name:
Location: williamsville, New York, United States

Griffin was born on May 18th, 2005. I've been struggling to come to terms with everything since.:)

1/22/2006

8 Months, 4 days


He sure loves The Muppet show.

I was having my finger chewed on the other day, and suddenly realized that his gum was a little sharp. Lo and behold, a tooth is coming out! I will try to get a picture, but he's very shy about it. In order to see it I have to get very close and make him laugh, and know where I'm looking. Every time we try to just take a look at it, he sticks out his tongue, and pokes it at our fingers. He rubs it on hard toys, and is generally irritable about it, in a very cute way.

His Aunt Willow visited these last few days. He loves her, giggling and playing with her. I enjoyed having her here, I miss her a lot. While I write this, she sleeps on our couch, but she leaves today. :( I know Griffin isn't the only one who will be sad.

On MLK day, Eric had the day off. So he, Griffin, and I went to the science museum here in Buffalo. It was founded in the 1930's, and still has many of the same exhibits. Sadly, a lack of funding has reduced it from the very interesting museum it was, to a relic holding on by its teeth waiting for better days. Even so it was still fun, and Griffin got to see shells, stuffed lions, half an Egyptian exhibit, and some very shiny gems. In the shiny gem room, he discovered that since the room is marble, his voice echoes nicely when he screams. Griffin has developed a raptor like shriek, which isn't to indicate unhappyness, but just to play with sound. This echoed very nicely in the marble room, he discovered.

He can pull himself to a standing position if we give him our hands. I found him practicing it with the side of his crib. He hasn't quite gotten the hang of that yet, but I fear we will have to lower the mattress soon. His crawling practice has gotten quite good, and he will occasionally scoot his knees forwards while he's rocking back and forth. He's learning about this crawling business quite quickly!

Ta for now,
Autumn Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home